Sometimes we do not have many money's to start own screen printing business. It can be expensive hobby or business venture. If you are really interested to start your own screen printing business, you can make your own stencils and transparencies to cut down the cost. There are different methods to make stencils, depending on the effect you want to achieve. Transparencies and handmade stencils both are the useful techniques for printing multiple t- shirts for an event that allows you for quick and repetitive printing. Here are some tips that will help you make your own screen printing equipment.
1. You can use the computer programs Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop to open your favorite image you want to use. Print tray should be cleared so that the transparency is the only item in the printer. To start operation click on File, print Icon and preferences. You should also click on the Paper and Quality tab, and the Transparency Film. To confirm the operation click OK and Print. You should use a laser jet printer to print the image onto a screen printing transparency. A dark concentrated image will be given by the screen printing transparency. The image should to be dark and opaque. Transparency creating techniques will work for less detailed images.
2. Image should be traced onto a tracing paper. You can join you're tracing paper on to the transparency by taping the four corners sheet together. To cut the dark areas of the image out a stencil knife should be used.
3. Screen should be created by using a picture frame that leaves one -inch borders between the transparency and the inners portion of the frame. Glass and any attached metal piece from the picture should be detached. You can use a mesh window curtain without designs for the screen. Tight meshing will lead to fine printing and a well designed.
4. Mesh window curtain should be held tightly around the picture frame. First you should staple the corners after that staple the curtain taut. To generate tension while stapling it around the frame, curtain should be pulled. Gently hammer in the staples, ensuring there is no raised staples.
5. Photo emulsion and activator should be mixed Pour should be mixed along the bottom of the frame and drag it to the top using squeegee. To create a thin film a small amount of emulsion should be used. You can put it in a dark room to dry. You can ensure that it is dry or not after 30 minutes.